Liquor display shelves are wonderful ways to decorate your study or bar area to flaunt your collection of liquors and wines when you have guests. Not only does a high-quality liquor display look classy, but it's also an extremely convenient way to store your liquor for when you have parties or small get-togethers. Your guests can take a quick glance at your liquor display, admire your collection and pick out a drink for themselves.
Liquor shelves come in a wide variety of styles and sizes, so you can easily find one that matches your furniture and home decor and fits into your desired area. Once you have chosen the best shelf for you, it's time to get building. Here are the steps you should follow as you build liquor shelves for your home:
- Use a thin layer of wood glue to attach the skinny wooden strips around the border of the top shelf wood. If your railing is heavier, mount it on the shelf by drilling the holes first, and then fasten it with screws.
- Mark the place of every stud to be sure you have correctly calculated the thickness. Remember: liquor bottles can be heavy, which means it's important that the shelf is as sturdy as possible.
- Make sure you have the proper distance between shelving brackets by measuring the distance between studs.
- Pre-drill the holes for the brackets once you are sure you have the proper locations marked. Attach the brackets one by one in the pre-drilled holes.
- At this point, the shelf should be straight and level to prevent bottles from slipping and sliding from one side of the shelf.
- Drill holes in the wall after marking the positions of the bracket screws, then attach the shelf on the wall with screws.
Once you have completed the setup of the shelves, it's time to arrange your bottle display. Remember that it's best to put taller bottles in the back and shorter bottles in the front, just so that guests can easily see all of the bottles you have at one glance. Add the bottles one at a time to ensure that you don't surpass the load limit of your shelves.
For more information and tips, contact us today at Armana!